Google+

Friday 1 February 2013

Both Sides Of Gun Related Violence

Gun violence continues to take its toll on innocent people in the United States and other countries. As I am writing this, I have fresh memories of the Newtown massacre of children at an elementary school. Children too young to even appreciate the gun debates in the US. I don't wish to join this debate but I have found a video that addresses the effects that violences inflicts not just  the dead victims parents and relatives but the parents and relatives of the perpetrators of this violence..

On the other side we have parents and relatives of the gun crime victims but on the other we have parents and relatives of the perpetrators who have to endure the shame and guilt over the incidence. I understand that first and foremost  I, like everybody else, would be more concerned with the victims side but we should try to remember the other side as well. Which I understand is a hard thing to do. But that is what Christ calls us to do as christians.  As parents and relatives of the perpetrators, they too would probably be thinking of their part in the whole thing. They would probably be thinking of the steps they might have taken that could have prevented such incidences. They would probably be questioning their parenting skills etc.


No comments:

Post a Comment