Google+

Friday 1 February 2013

Babylon's King Nebuchadnezzar's Dream And It's Interpretation

In the first Gulf war, the US and its coalition partners bombarded Baghdad, the capital of Iraq relentlessly for days on end. It was indeed Blitzkrieg Baghdad. The war came about after Iraq invaded and captured Kuwait, a small gulf emirate rich in oil. 

During the war Iraq among other things responded to the attack by firing missiles at Israel. By doing so Saddam Hussein was following in the steps another ruler from that area known as King Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon. Saddam Hussein was reported in certain media circles to have seen himself as the new King Nebuchadnezzar. In its heydays the ancient Babylonian empire controlled affairs in that part of the world. The capital of Babylon is now part of modern day Iraq. Apparently Saddam Hussein also tried to rebuild the ancient ruins of Babylon. 

Just like Saddam Hussein, King Nebuchadnezzar also attacked Israel and during that attack he took away some captives. One of those captives was Daniel who later revealed and interpreted a dream that Nebuchadnezzar had and forgot. That dream found in Daniel chapter 2 in which King Nebuchadnezzar  dreamed of a large statue made of pure gold, silver, bronze, iron and clay predicted with mathematical accuracy the rise and fall of empires up to the very end of time. We would do well to read and understand this prophecy as it shows us that the Bible is not like any book but comes to us from a Creator who not only loves us but cares and controls our future. 

In establishing his claim to be the one true God, Jehovah himself, through his prophet,-has stated that he declares the end from the beginning, and challenges the false gods to do the same:— 

" I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me, declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure." Isaiah. 46:9,10.

"I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God. And who, as I, shall call, and shall declare it, and set it in order for me, since I appointed the ancient people and the things that are coming, and shall come, let them show unto them." Isa. 44: 6, 7.

"Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the Lord? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me " Isa. 45:21

Those that have put in their trust in the Bible and in this prophecy have been amazed at how this prophecy has always proved true. In the video below featuring the late George Vandeman of the It is Written Telecast looks at this prophecy in the light of the Blitzkrieg Baghdad and what this prophecy means for us living at the very end of time.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment